The leftward and other blatherings of Span (now with Snaps!)

Monday, August 01, 2005

that time of year part VII - July

Ok so I didn't do June, but who cares, it's really just an accountability exercise for me anyway.

Totally ticked off:
1. Get a new job in the area I want to work in - still no tick to the Roller Skate Reward as it seems you cannot get boot roller skates in Auckland - I've been all over the place. Not sure about buying them over the internet. Maybe I need to find another reward, seeing as it has been almost six months since I ticked this one off. Suggestions welcome.

5. Get at least one stamp in my shiny unused passport - see Vietnam posts.


In train:
3. Think positive - been hard lately due to extreme workload and the detrimental effect of reading negative arseholes on other people's blogs. Have stopped doing the latter and trying hard to rectify the former.

4. Resist over-committing - doing well outside of work. Inside work is another matter (see 3.)

7. Get up to date with my Alliance projects - have scaled back my commitments and found others to delegate to, which is helping.

2. Exercise more - readers who know me from Yore will be quite stunned to know that I have actually joined a gym. Very gentle programme to start with, but I've been going for a week, and during that time have actually gone through it three times - it would have been four but I had to work Saturday and Sunday was a write-off as a result. I'm trying to build up to the Box and Kick classes they offer, in a few months, to see how I like martial arts stuff.


Totally not ticked off, not even a little bit:
6. Finish the kitchen - but we did manage to get the roof fixed, after approx three months of trying to find a roofer who returned messages. Small steps, small steps.

Further reports on Span's New Year's Resolutions:
- May
- April
- March
- February
- January

No comments: